Global Audiobooks Market: Introduction
An audiobook is a transcription of a book or other work being read aloud. Technological advances in production have led to digital recording, e-mail delivery of documents, and usage of tablets instead of hard copy texts. The expansion of home studios for narrators have also shortened the time taken to manufacture audiobooks and reduced manufacturing costs. However, the effect of coronavirus has directly hindered the growth of the audiobooks market. As a consequence of the coronavirus lockdown, majority of classrooms, universities, academic institutions, and commercial entities have closed down, which significantly hampers the market for audiobooks.
Global Audiobooks Market: Dynamics
Increase in younger listener inventory
- Currently, the trend is toward a younger and increasing user base for audiobooks. This is an important optimistic development for the sustainable growth of the industry. The younger consumer is expected to influence their growing families, probably transforming a non-listener into a listener. Younger participants can also have an influence on their peers, contributing to a broader group of peers and a greater emphasis on peer opinions by young people. Younger customers may have different listening requirements as well. In the early stages of their careers and their lives, people are more likely to listen to titles that guide them or provide an entry point, while a more skilled person may try pure humor or realistic advice rather than self-improvement. Thus, listening and buying can differ by age demographic, expanding the variety of audio items on sale.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
North America Led the Global Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global audiobooks market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a dominant share of the global audiobooks market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the market in this region. The dominance of digital sales is a major factor in the region. Audiobooks are easy to buy and store. Portability, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to listen anywhere the user wishes, are the main drivers that impact the market for audio books. In fact, digital devices such as smartphones are now commonplace, so audiobook exposure is easy and convenient.
- The audiobooks market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. China, India, and Japan are some of the major countries which drive the market in this region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key players operating in the global audiobooks market are listed below:
- BarnesNoble BooksellersInc
Global Audiobooks Market: Research Scope
Global Audiobooks Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Figure: Global Audiobooks Market, by Enterprise Size
Global Audiobooks Market, by Application
- Educational Institutes
- Industries/Commercial Sector
Global Audiobooks Market, by Region
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Audiobooks Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Related Reports Press-Release –
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector – such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports strive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453